Thirst or Quench
It is impossible to satisfy your thirst for God with something other than God. But we still try. As we move through the season of Lent we repent of our willingness to settle for second-rate substitutes for our relationship with the creator of the universe.
This Sunday we join Jesus in John chapter 13 as he begins his last 24 hours before his crucifixion. As he washes the disciple’s feet he points us to the cleansing God promises for our hearts and souls.
5:00 PM – Sunday Night Connect
We continue our study of the Old Testament book of Nehemiah under the theme REBUILD. As we look at chapter 3 we are reminded again that when God’s people returned to Jerusalem, getting back to normal wasn’t enough.
Thank You for your Gifts, Tithes, and Offerings
Thank you for your generosity to Christ’s Church. We encourage you to prioritize your local church in your giving because the local church is the hope of the world. We excel in the grace of giving when we honor God with our time, our treasures, and our talents.
We are praying for you…will you pray for us too?
Your elders and deacons pray for you often.
They ask that you also pray for them.
They welcome calls or emails with prayer requests or reasons to praise God for what He has done for you.
Household Last Name Elder/ Deacon Team
A—Buist Rick Jongsma, Mike Shear
Buista—Diekema Brent Mulder, Roger Tiller
Diekemaa—Groenewold Tom Beier, Todd Mingerink
Groenewolda—J Al Groenewold, James Oosterman
K– Meekhof Jim Sytsma, Matt Davis
Meel—O Mark Kooistra, Brad Diekema
P—Slager Al Smith, Tim Terborg
Slagera—VanderH Bruce Berkenpas, Ted Koster
VanderI—Z Tom Tiemeyer, David DeJong
Upcoming Worship Gatherings
Sunday, March 28
AM – Holy Week: Palm Sunday
PM – REBUILD: Nehemiah 4
Maundy Thursday, April 1, 7:00 PM
Sunday, April 4 – Easter Sunday – Note Time Change
9:30 AM – Christ is Risen! He is Risen Indeed. Matthew 28 & Revelation 21
11:00 AM – Christ is Risen! He is Risen Indeed. Matthew 28 & Revelation 21
PM – Family Day, No evening Sunday Connect
Sunday Morning Worship Both In-Person & Online
BOTH/AND – This Sunday morning we will gather for Sunday morning worship BOTH Indoors (9:00 & 11:00 AM details below) at Heritage AND Online on Facebook, YouTube, Vimeo, and on our church website at heritagecrc.net. All services will have the same sermon/message.
Sunday Worship DVD’s are available to be delivered to those who are not able to connect online. Please contact the church office if you are aware of anyone who would like a weekly DVD delivered to their door. (878-1992)
Nursery & Children’s Worship will be available during our 9:00 AM service Only.
Sunday School and Catechism will be from 10:15-10:45.
Sermon Notes and Children’s Bulletin links are included in your Weekly Church Email and on our website.
Information for Connecting ONLINE
Go to https://www.facebook.com/HeritageChristianReformedChurch/ or click HERE
Sunday morning worship premiers at 9:30 AM.
The Sunday morning service will appear at 7 am on Sunday.
Here is the link to our channel. If you subscribe, you get notifications when a new video is uploaded. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIw8SbBAegY_J6LeOcZGOMw
Sunday Morning Worship is also available on our church website www.heritagecrc.net via Vimeo.
Our worship services remain available for on-demand viewing on Facebook, YouTube, Vimeo, and our church website.
As we return to indoor worship, our elders and deacons ask that you observe the following things:
- Please register for a service at 9:00 AM or 11:00 AM in the Sanctuary or 9:00 AM in the ARK by clicking on: SIGN-UP
- Please practice social distancing.
- Masks in Motion. Masks are required while moving throughout the building. When seated with social distancing, you can choose to keep your mask in place or remove it.
- If you are worshiping in the sanctuary, an usher will seat you. After the service, allow extra time and space in order to exit while maintaining social distancing.
- Please be aware that not everyone present will be at the same comfort level with personal contact. We ask that you refrain from handshaking and hugs.
- Hand sanitizer, gloves, and masks are available throughout the building.
Letter from our Council of Elders and Deacons
The following policies for opening up buildings for worship and church programs were adopted for the fall of 2020 and again in January 2021.
- Face Masks: Face masks are required to enter and move about the building at all times for persons 1st grade and above.
- Once you are seated for a worship service or a church meeting, masks are optional with social distancing.
- Masks and gloves will be available at all entrances.
- Two morning services are scheduled for 9:00 AM and 11:00 AM with Sunday School/Catechism taking place from 10:15-10:45.
- Social distancing to allow singing without masks.
- Ushers will seat worshippers.
- Masks to be worn when entering and exiting and moving about the building.
- Transportation: Face masks are required in all church transportation at all times.
- Group Meetings
- No more than 12 people in a classroom at a time.
- No more than 50 people in the ARK or Fellowship Room at a time.
- Food and Drink: Prepackaged individual-sized snacks and beverages are acceptable. No large meals or shared food. Drinking fountains will not be available.
- Child Care: Nursery& Children’s Worship are available subject to Cleaning Procedures and having volunteers available to staff.
- Discipleship/Education: We will follow Byron Center Christian School and South Christian High School’s protocols with regard to in-person student opportunities.
- Standing sanitizing stations are available throughout the building.
- Sanctuary, ARK, Fellowship Room, and Restrooms will be sanitized by staff after each event.
- Each teacher and group will be responsible to clean and disinfect their classroom/area after each use.
- Wipes and disinfectants will be available to wipe down all tables, chairs and door handles after each use.
- There will be a document in each room to record cleaning and must be signed and dated by the teacher or group, so we know it has been done.
Pastor Bob Huisman
Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience. Bear with each other and forgive one another if any of you has a grievance against someone. Forgive as the Lord forgave you.
And over all these virtues put on love,
which binds them all together in perfect unity. Colossians 3:12-14