40 Day Red Letter Challenge
My mom always got mad when you talked about money and the church. This Sunday, I would like to talk with you about money and the church.
As we continue the Red Letter Challenge, we don’t want to just hear Jesus’ words. Instead, we want to Practice the Ways of Jesus as a community of faith. According to Zach Zehnder, “Doing the words of Jesus will help you find the life you were made for.”
As we gather this Sunday, we respond to those familiar words of Jesus that it is better to give than to receive. We trust God’s Holy Spirit to guide us into truth.
5:00 PM – Sunday Night Connect
Giving 301/401. We will follow up on Jesus’ teaching on giving with a look at the big picture of Biblical Stewardship. What does it take to excel at the grace of giving and become a cheerful giver?
Thank You for your Gifts, Tithes, and Offerings
Thank you for your generosity to Christ’s Church. We encourage you to prioritize your local church in your giving because the local church is the hope of the world.
Sunday Morning Worship Both In-Person & Online
This Sunday, February 7
BOTH/AND – This Sunday morning we will gather for Sunday morning worship BOTH Indoors (9:00 & 11:00 AM details below) at Heritage AND Online on Facebook, YouTube, Vimeo, and on our church website at heritagecrc.net. All services will have the same sermon/message.
Sunday Worship DVD’s are available to be delivered to those who are not able to connect online. Please contact the church office if you are aware of anyone who would like a weekly DVD delivered to their door. (878-1992)
Nursery & Children’s Worship will be available during our 9:00 AM service Only.
Sunday School and Catechism will be from 10:15-10:45.
Sermon Notes and Children’s Bulletin links are included in your Weekly Church Email and on our website.
Information for Connecting ONLINE
Go to https://www.facebook.com/HeritageChristianReformedChurch/ or click HERE
Sunday morning worship premiers at 9:30 AM.
The Sunday morning service will appear at 7 am on Sunday.
Here is the link to our channel. If you subscribe, you get notifications when a new video is uploaded. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIw8SbBAegY_J6LeOcZGOMw
Sunday Morning Worship is also available on our church website www.heritagecrc.net via Vimeo.
Our worship services remain available for on-demand viewing on Facebook, YouTube, Vimeo, and our church website.
In Need of Prayer?
Our pastors and prayer volunteers would love to lift you up before God in prayer.
Email or text Pastor Bob Huisman with your prayer request or to request one of the pastors or prayer volunteers to contact you by phone. We have male and female prayer volunteers who are eager to call and pray with you. (firstname.lastname@example.org or 616.682.7685)
District Elders and Deacons are available for pastoral care needs and concerns.
Household Last Name Elder/ Deacon Team
A—Buist Rick Jongsma, Mike Shear
Buista—Diekema Brent Mulder, Roger Tiller
Diekemaa—Groenewold Tom Beier, Todd Mingerink
Groenewolda—J Al Groenewold, James Oosterman
K– Meekhof Jim Sytsma, Matt Davis
Meel—O Mark Kooistra, Brad Diekema
P—Slager Al Smith, Tim Terborg
Slagera—VanderH Bruce Berkenpas, Ted Koster
VanderI—Z Tom Tiemeyer, David DeJong
Upcoming Worship Gatherings
Sunday, February 14
AM – Red Letter Challenge: Practicing the Ways of Jesus: GOING, Matthew 28:19
PM – Sunday Night Connect: Going 301 & 401
As we return to indoor worship, our elders and deacons ask that you observe the following things:
- Please register for a service at 9:00 AM or 11:00 AM in the Sanctuary or 9:00 AM in the ARK by clicking on: SIGN-UP
- Please practice social distancing.
- Masks in Motion. Masks are required while moving throughout the building. When seated with social distancing, you can choose to keep your mask in place or remove it.
- If you are worshiping in the sanctuary, an usher will seat you. After the service, allow extra time and space in order to exit while maintaining social distancing.
- Please be aware that not everyone present will be at the same comfort level with personal contact. We ask that you refrain from handshaking and hugs.
- Hand sanitizer, gloves, and masks are available throughout the building.
Letter from our Council of Elders and Deacons
On September 8, 2020, the Heritage CRC Council adopted the following policies for opening up buildings for worship and church programs in the fall of 2020.
- Face Masks: Face masks are required to enter and move about the building at all times for persons 1st grade and above.
- Once you are seated for a worship service or a church meeting, masks are optional with social distancing.
- Masks and gloves will be available at all entrances.
- Two morning services are scheduled for 9:00 AM and 11:00 AM with Sunday School/Catechism taking place from 10:15-10:45.
- Social distancing to allow singing without masks.
- Ushers will seat worshippers.
- Masks to be worn when entering and exiting and moving about the building.
- Transportation: Face masks are required in all church transportation at all times.
- Group Meetings
- No more than 12 people in a classroom at a time.
- No more than 50 people in the ARK or Fellowship Room at a time.
- Food and Drink: Prepackaged individual-sized snacks and beverages are acceptable. No large meals or shared food. Drinking fountains will not be available.
- Child Care: Nursery& Children’s Worship are available subject to Cleaning Procedures and having volunteers available to staff.
- Discipleship/Education: We will follow Byron Center Christian School and South Christian High School’s protocols with regard to in-person student opportunities.
- Standing sanitizing stations are available throughout the building.
- Sanctuary, ARK, Fellowship Room, and Restrooms will be sanitized by staff after each event.
- Each teacher and group will be responsible to clean and disinfect their classroom/area after each use.
- Wipes and disinfectants will be available to wipe down all tables, chairs and door handles after each use.
- There will be a document in each room to record cleaning and must be signed and dated by the teacher or group, so we know it has been done.
Pastor Bob Huisman
Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience. Bear with each other and forgive one another if any of you has a grievance against someone. Forgive as the Lord forgave you.
And over all these virtues put on love,
which binds them all together in perfect unity. Colossians 3:12-14