This Sunday, November 1
BOTH/AND – This Sunday morning we will gather for Sunday morning worship BOTH Indoors at Heritage AND Online on Facebook and on our Website at heritagecrc.net. Both services will have the same sermon/message. We will continue our new sermon series on the Book of Acts called Lasting Impact – When God Changes you He Changes the World.
We will focus on Acts 21-23 and the Apostle Paul’s Journey to Jerusalem. The message is “When God’s Will is Suffering” from Acts 21:1-16. Is it possible that being obedient to God can make our path rougher than it was before?
We will also welcome 4 new households into our church family:
1. Zach, Deb, Mya, Reagan, and Zoey Blacquiere
2. Jeremy, Jill, Jimmy, Brooke, Isabella, Charlie and Lucy Thull
3. Bill & Vicki Wadsworth
4. Elisabeth, Alex, Trevor, and Josh VandenToorn
Gathering Indoors for Worship at 9:00 and 11:00
Nursery, Children’s Worship, and Just Betweens will be available during our 9:00 AM service Only.
Sunday School and Catechism will be from 10:15-10:45.
This Sunday, November 1, we continue INDOOR in-person morning worship and there will be worship services in the Sanctuary at 9:00 and 11:00 AM and in ARK at 9:00 AM only.
We ask that you observe the following things:
- Please register for a service at 9:00 AM or 11:00 AM by clicking on: SIGN-UP
- Please practice social distancing.
- Masks are required when entering and moving throughout the building. If you are able to be seated with social distancing, masks are optional.
- If you are worshiping in the sanctuary, an usher will seat you. After the service, allow extra time and space in order to exit while maintaining social distancing.
- Please be aware that not everyone present will be at the same comfort level with personal contact. We ask that you refrain from handshaking and hugs.
- Hand sanitizer, gloves, and masks are available throughout the building.
MORE Reopening Council Guidelines can be found at the end of this email and our website.
Gathering ONLINE for Morning Worship at 9:30 AM
We will gather online at 9:30 AM for the Facebook Premier of our pre-recorded morning worship service. You can also access the worship services on our website at hertiagecrc.net. The services remain available for on-demand viewing.
Gathering ONLINE for Sunday Night CONNECT at 5:00 PM
This Sunday is the International Day of Prayer for the Persecuted Church. We will focus our hearts on Psalm 30, view a short video on China, and take some time to intercede on behalf of Chinese Christians.
Information for Connecting ONLINE
Go to https://www.facebook.com/HeritageChristianReformedChurch/ or click HERE
Sunday Morning Worship is also available on our church website – www.heritagecrc.net
Sermon Notes and Children’s Bulletin links are included in your Weekly Church Email and on our website.
Our worship services remain available for on-demand viewing on both Facebook and our Website.
Sunday Worship DVD’s are available to be delivered to those who are not able to connect to Facebook or the Church Website. Please contact the church office if you are aware of anyone who would like a weekly DVD delivered to their door. We are currently delivering about 10 DVDs a week. (878-1992)
In Need of Prayer?
Our pastors and prayer volunteers would love to lift you up before God in prayer.
Email or text Pastor Bob Huisman with your prayer request or to request one of the pastors or prayer volunteers to contact you by phone. We have male and female prayer volunteers who are eager to call and pray with you. (firstname.lastname@example.org or 616.682.7685)
District Elders and Deacons are available for pastoral care needs and concerns.
Household Last Name Elder/ Deacon Team
A—Buist Rick Jongsma, Mike Shear
Buista—Diekema Brent Mulder, Roger Tiller
Diekemaa—Groenewold Tom Beier, Todd Mingerink
Groenewolda—J Al Groenewold, James Oosterman
K– Meekhof Jim Sytsma, Matt Davis
Meel—O Mark Kooistra, Brad Diekema
P—Slager Al Smith, Tim Terborg
Slagera—VanderH Bruce Berkenpas, Ted Koster
VanderI—Z Tom Tiemeyer, David DeJong
Upcoming Worship Gatherings
Sunday, November 8
AM – Lasting Impact: When God changes you, He changes the World.
Part 9 of 10, Paul’s Trials, Acts 24-26
Orphan Sunday: Ministry Update from missionary partner Felis Patlan, Eagles Nest, Guatemala
PM – Sunday Night Connect: Extended Interview with Felis Patlan, Eagles Nest
Sunday, November 15
AM – Lasting Impact: When God changes you, He changes the World.
Part 10 of 10, Paul’s Journey to Rome, Acts 27-28
Faith Promise Missions Update from Bill Adams
PM – Sunday Night Connect: Gospel of John 21:1-14
Sunday, November 22
AM – In Person – Medical Missionary Partners from East Asia
– Online – Acts 29 – The Early Church and Beyond
PM – Gospel of John 21:15-25
Thursday, Thanksgiving Day Worship – In Peron and Online
More Details to Come
Lord’s Supper Celebration
Please send in your video with your reasons to give God thanks in 2020 – email@example.com
Sunday, November 29
AM – Advent 1 – Honest Advent – Pastor Bob Bolt
PM – Sunday Night Connect – Seminary Intern Matthew Sun
Note: 50th Anniversary: Our anniversary celebration has been postponed until 2021.
MORE REOPENING INFORMATION
For More Information, Please read the following letter from Council:
On September 8, 2020, the Heritage CRC Council adopted the following policies for opening up buildings for worship and church programs in the fall of 2020 based on state guidelines and recommendations. More worship details about how to sign up for Sunday morning in-person services will be sent out sometime next week in a separate communication. Our pre-recorded Sunday morning worship service and Sunday Night Connect will remain available online each week.
- Face Masks: Face masks are required to enter and move about the building at all times for persons 1st grade and above.
- Once you are seated for a worship service or a church meeting, masks are optional with social distancing.
- Masks and gloves will be available at all entrances.
- Indoor morning worship will resume Sunday, October 4.
- Two morning services are scheduled for 9:00 AM and 11:00 AM with Sunday School/Catechism taking place from 10:15-10:45.
- Social distancing to allow singing without masks.
- Ushers will seat and release worshippers.
- Masks to be worn when entering and exiting and moving about the building.
- Transportation: Face masks are required in all church transportation at all times.
- Group Meetings
- No more than 12 people in a classroom at a time.
- No more than 50 people in the ARK or Fellowship Room at a time.
- Food and Drink: Prepackaged individual-sized snacks and beverages are acceptable. No large meals or shared food. Drinking fountains will not be available.
- Child Care: Nursery, Children’s Worship, and Just Betweens will be reintroduced after September 13. This is subject to Cleaning Procedures and having volunteers available to staff.
- Discipleship/Education: Sunday School and Catechism to start on October 4, based on students being in school. We will follow Byron Center Christian School and South Christian High School’s protocols with regard to in-person student opportunities.
- Standing sanitizing stations are available throughout the building.
- Sanctuary, ARK, Fellowship Room, and Restrooms will be sanitized by staff after each event.
- Each teacher and group will be responsible to clean and disinfect their classroom/area after each use.
- Wipes and disinfectants will be available to wipe down all tables, chairs and door handles after each use.
- There will be a document in each room to record cleaning and must be signed and dated by the teacher or group, so we know it has been done.
Pastor Bob Huisman
Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Bear with each other and forgive one another if any of you has a grievance against someone. Forgive as the Lord forgave you.
And over all these virtues put on love,
which binds them all together in perfect unity. Colossians 3:12-14