- Sunday | January 17, 2021
- 11:00 am - 11:59 am
Sunday Morning Worship Both In-Person & Online this Sunday, January 17.
BOTH/AND – This Sunday morning we will gather for Sunday morning worship BOTH Indoors (9:00 & 11:00 AM) at Heritage AND Online on Facebook, YouTube, Vimeo, and on our church website at heritagecrc.net. All services will have the same sermon/message.
40 Day Red Letter Challenge
It’s it just the right time to get started with our new series for 2021, entitled the Red Letter Challenge. We will focus on the words of Jesus for 40 days together and seek to Practice the Ways of Jesus as a community of faith. According to Zach Zehnder, “Doing the words of Jesus will help you find the life you were made for.”
As we gather this Sunday, we recognize the Sanctity of Human Life and God’s precious gift to us. We will also look at Jesus’ teaching from Mathew 11:28 (“Come to me all you who are weary”) and the Holy Spirit will guide us into truth. At our 11:00 worship service, we will celebrate the baptism of Cason Long, son of Paul and Nicole. We will also welcome Paul as a new member at Heritage.
Workbooks/Devotionals for Adults and Kids are available in the Fellowship Room. If you can’t pick one up, we would love to deliver it to you or mail it to you wherever you are. Call or text Pastor Bob Huisman at 616.682.7685. New and used copies are also available on Amazon (Red Letter Challenge Workbook).
Go to https://www.facebook.com/HeritageChristianReformedChurch/ or click HERE
Sunday morning worship premiers at 9:30 AM.
The Sunday morning service will appear at 7 am on Sunday.
Here is the link to our channel. If you subscribe, you get notifications when a new video is uploaded. YouTube Link
Sunday Morning Worship is also available on our church website www.heritagecrc.net via Vimeo.
As we return to indoor worship, our elders and deacons ask that you observe the following things:
- Please register for a service at 9:00 AM or 11:00 AM in the Sanctuary or 9:00 AM in the ARK by clicking on: SIGN-UP
- Please practice social distancing.
- Masks in Motion. Masks are required while moving throughout the building. When seated with social distancing, you can choose to keep your mask in place or remove it.
- If you are worshiping in the sanctuary, an usher will seat you. After the service, allow extra time and space in order to exit while maintaining social distancing.
- Please be aware that not everyone present will be at the same comfort level with personal contact. We ask that you refrain from handshaking and hugs.
- Hand sanitizer, gloves, and masks are available throughout the building.
Letter from our Council of Elders and Deacons
On September 8, 2020, the Heritage CRC Council adopted the following policies for opening up buildings for worship and church programs in the fall of 2020.
- Face Masks: Face masks are required to enter and move about the building at all times for persons 1st grade and above.
- Once you are seated for a worship service or a church meeting, masks are optional with social distancing.
- Masks and gloves will be available at all entrances.
- Two morning services are scheduled for 9:00 AM and 11:00 AM with Sunday School/Catechism taking place from 10:15-10:45.
- Social distancing to allow singing without masks.
- Ushers will seat worshippers.
- Masks to be worn when entering and exiting and moving about the building.
- Transportation: Face masks are required in all church transportation at all times.
- Group Meetings
- No more than 12 people in a classroom at a time.
- No more than 50 people in the ARK or Fellowship Room at a time.
- Food and Drink: Prepackaged individual-sized snacks and beverages are acceptable. No large meals or shared food. Drinking fountains will not be available.
- Child Care: Nursery& Children’s Worship are available subject to Cleaning Procedures and having volunteers available to staff.
- Discipleship/Education: We will follow Byron Center Christian School and South Christian High School’s protocols with regard to in-person student opportunities.
- Standing sanitizing stations are available throughout the building.
- Sanctuary, ARK, Fellowship Room, and Restrooms will be sanitized by staff after each event.
- Each teacher and group will be responsible to clean and disinfect their classroom/area after each use.
- Wipes and disinfectants will be available to wipe down all tables, chairs and door handles after each use.
- There will be a document in each room to record cleaning and must be signed and dated by the teacher or group, so we know it has been done.