Tuesday, November 3, Election Day Prayers
Pray the Prayers of Jeremiah 29 for our Nation
A. 8:00 AM – Zoom Prayer Meeting – 20 minutes
We will gather together on Zoom to pray together for our nation.
Zoom invitation is below.
B. 12:00 Noon in the Sanctuary – 20 minutes
We will gather together, socially distanced, to pray for our nation.
C. Pray from Home
Pray throughout the day from your home or workplace.
Jeremiah 29 Prayer Guide
1. Pray for Peace
Jeremiah 29:7 – Also, seek the peace and prosperity of the city to which I have carried you into exile. Pray to the Lord for it, because if it prospers, you too will prosper.
2. Pray for Truth
Jeremiah 29:8 – Yes, this is what the Lord Almighty, the God of Israel, says: “Do not let the prophets and diviners among you deceive you.
3. Pray for the Future
Jeremiah 29:11 – For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
4. Pray for Repentant Hearts
Jeremiah 29:12-13 – Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. 13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. 14 I will be found by you,” declares the Lord,
5. Pray for God’s Mercy
For they have not listened to my words,” declares the Lord, “words that I sent to them again and again by my servants the prophets. And you exiles have not listened either,” declares the Lord.
Bob Huisman is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.
Topic: Election Day Prayers
Time: Nov 3, 2020 08:00 AM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 458 313 1272
One tap mobile
+13017158592,,4583131272# US (Germantown)
+13126266799,,4583131272# US (Chicago)
Dial by your location
+1 301 715 8592 US (Germantown)
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
+1 929 205 6099 US (New York)
+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
Meeting ID: 458 313 1272
Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kcOV4vlGrt
Online Giving: Click Here or https://heritagecrc.net/online-giving/
In Need of Prayer?
Our pastors and prayer volunteers would love to lift you up before God in prayer.
Email or text Pastor Bob Huisman with your prayer request or to request one of the pastors or prayer volunteers to contact you by phone. We have male and female prayer volunteers who are eager to call and pray with you. (email@example.com or 616.682.7685)
For More Information, Please read the following letter from Council:
On September 8, 2020, the Heritage CRC Council adopted the following policies for opening up buildings for worship and church programs in the fall of 2020 based on state guidelines and recommendations. More worship details about how to sign up for Sunday morning in-person services will be sent out sometime next week in a separate communication. Our pre-recorded Sunday morning worship service and Sunday Night Connect will remain available online each week.
- Face Masks: Face masks are required to enter and move about the building at all times for persons 1st grade and above.
- Once you are seated for a worship service or a church meeting, masks are optional with social distancing.
- Masks and gloves will be available at all entrances.
- Indoor morning worship will resume Sunday, October 4.
- Two morning services are scheduled for 9:00 AM and 11:00 AM with Sunday School/Catechism taking place from 10:15-10:45.
- Social distancing to allow singing without masks.
- Ushers will seat and release worshippers.
- Masks to be worn when entering and exiting and moving about the building.
- Transportation: Face masks are required in all church transportation at all times.
- Group Meetings
- No more than 12 people in a classroom at a time.
- No more than 50 people in the ARK or Fellowship Room at a time.
- Food and Drink: Prepackaged individual-sized snacks and beverages are acceptable. No large meals or shared food. Drinking fountains will not be available.
- Child Care: Nursery, Children’s Worship, and Just Betweens will be reintroduced after September 13. This is subject to Cleaning Procedures and having volunteers available to staff.
- Discipleship/Education: Sunday School and Catechism to start on October 4, based on students being in school. We will follow Byron Center Christian School and South Christian High School’s protocols with regard to in-person student opportunities.
- Standing sanitizing stations are available throughout the building.
- Sanctuary, ARK, Fellowship Room, and Restrooms will be sanitized by staff after each event.
- Each teacher and group will be responsible to clean and disinfect their classroom/area after each use.
- Wipes and disinfectants will be available to wipe down all tables, chairs and door handles after each use.
- There will be a document in each room to record cleaning and must be signed and dated by the teacher or group, so we know it has been done.
Pastor Bob Huisman
Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Bear with each other and forgive one another if any of you has a grievance against someone. Forgive as the Lord forgave you.
And over all these virtues put on love,
which binds them all together in perfect unity. Colossians 3:12-14